• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Before and After Ford

Started by NORCALLOGGER, May 31, 2010, 08:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORCALLOGGER

Hi guys,

A while back one of the diecast outfits put these on sale for 8-9 bucks so I picked up a couple of them.  They are 1:19 scale Solido diecast, which works pretty well in 1:20.  My only problem with the original oil tanker version is trying to believe that the suspension of the 1/2 ton pickup could support the weight of a tank that large.

Anyway, the original version is the yellow Shell oil tanker my conversion is to a standard 1/2 ton pickup.  The bed was scratched from styrene and the rest was mostly paint.  The only downside for the project is when the light is just right the Shell emblem ghost pops up on the door.  This didn't show up until all the paint was dry and set.

I thought it turned out pretty good but that may be just wishful thinking on my part. It is a '37 Ford and I model 1939 so the truck isn't supposed to be old, just a little used. 

Anyway a couple of pictures.