• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

30's transfer truck

Started by chester, June 24, 2010, 04:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

I recently received several of these Roco/Komo out of production models of the Zis-5. I think I've explained before that these were manufactured in Russia using the same tooling as the 1930's Autocar series A. The body is a tool/workshop affair that I cut open, added a partition wall, wood deck and safety bars. The crooked horizontal pieces were to imitate a leather strap using flat dental floss but not very convincingly I'm afraid. This is 1/87 scale.

eTraxx

Convincingly or not as a leather strap .. that is a beautiful photo there! Wish mine would come out as well. Your usual fine modeling .. I like to add.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Malachi Constant

That's a beautiful bit of work in HO scale!  The rear step that shows in the second photo has a nice delicate touch.  Overall finish is great.  Can't quite tell whether or not the leather straps look good to me at this size, but they don't stand out in any bothersome way.  One minor thing ... second photo also suggests that a bit of the drive-train is missing.  Nice job.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

lab-dad

Damn fine, especially in HO!  :o
-Marty

Frederic Testard

Another of your fine models of trucks, Chester. I'm always impressed, too, by the quality of what you do in HO scale.
Frederic Testard