• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

CNC model making.

Started by Design-HSB, May 12, 2011, 02:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Well, whatever it is, it looks like it would have been a good candidate for rapid prototyping. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Quote from: chester on May 17, 2011, 05:57:28 AM
Helmut, another master craftsman added to this forum. Beautiful work.

This, to show what else can be accomplished, sent me recently of a 1/87 scale late 60's Dodge Monaco done on a CNC machine from a solid resin block.
Hi Chester,
This work is certainly much more like a 2.5-axis milling machine made​​.
Since I would rather now safely use rapid prototyping.
Of which were shown here in the forum already excellent work.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

chester

I'm sure Dallas is right about the Dodge, that was just a brain fart on my part. There have been some attempts at rapid prototyping in the scale but the layering still presents a problem especially on rounded and curved surfaces. Far too much fiddling around with trying to get a smooth surface after the fact but I do hear of one or two folks that are using it to make masters for resin casting.