• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photos of Abandoned Industrial Sites...

Started by RoughboyModelworks, December 19, 2010, 12:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughboyModelworks

Came across this link on another forum with some interesting photos. The navigation on the site sucks (to put it politely) but there are some interesting shots if you take the trouble to dig. Abandoned Places.

Paul

darrylhuffman

Paul,

It amazes me that people are so interested in making their sites "cute" or "clever" that they overlook the basic concept of "easy to use."

I have been to that website many times over the years and it always seems to be a little different each time.

I always enjoy anything abandoned.

When I look at an abandoned store, I always imagine the owner on the day it was finished, proud, hopeful and looking forward to the future.

Lots of broken dreams along the way.

I grew up in a very small town of about 800 people.  We had an abandoned "Chinatown", an abandoned cannery, three abandoned packing sheds and a few stores.

I grew up playing in those old abandoned businesses and always found them fascinating.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

jacq01

some more "references"

http://www.pbase.com/jakobe/decay

This is fantastic stuff (but not suitable as a reference of "units" in the prime of their "use" )

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

mabloodhound

Yes, Jacq, we've seen that site here before.   It's a good one worth repeating and easy to follow.   
On difficult web sites I won't take the time to look around as I've got better things to waste my time on.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower