• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sea Land Piggy Back build

Started by Jerry Barnes, December 07, 2010, 09:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Barnes

I had some Sea Land trailers in my convoys in Nam. Thought it would be fun to have one on a flatcar for my layout. Had the small grainy B&W pix I had taken in one of my convoys, found the others online. Found a trailer in eBay for it. Made a hollow wood box(to keep it light) and covered it with an an old aluminum printing plate I had scored lines and rivet patterns into. Metal duct tape sealed the edges, rivet patterns in it also. I have the decals designed, need to get them printed on laser decal paper. Have to design up some Trans Corps lettering for the flatcar(old Delton).

eTraxx

Jerry. Do you know anything about this photo? It shows Martha "Maggie" Raye in front of a truck. The truck became well known in the BanMeThout area in 1971.

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Jerry Barnes

Looking on the internet, she was in Nam a lot. We ran convoys to Ban Me Thout, I never took one there though.
http://www.colonelmaggie.com/vets.htm

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

eTraxx

Thanks Jerry. Yeah, that was the website I got the photo from. Yep. She was there a lot. On her death she was buried at the Fort Bragg Cemetery in Fayetteville, NC .. among "her boys". You can't beat that. She's the only female civilian so honored.

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Jerry Barnes

Nice resting place for her. Thanks.