• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Scene at Stoneycombe

Started by granitechops, November 16, 2010, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granitechops

Don in sunny Devon, England

Ray Dunakin

Nice! The gabions are pretty nifty. I've seen them in real life but never on a model. (Never knew the name for them either.)

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

granitechops

View from bottom of canal basin before filling with water,
I love using verticals in my backdrops

granitechops

Green water

granitechops

Norfolk Wherry alongside wharfe

granitechops

Rusting nicely

granitechops

She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes

granitechops

I like the way these home made stones are weathering, starting from the cliff & working outwards

W C Greene

Don, I like the stone weathering. I have many such natural weathering "experiments" on my outdoor layout. However, mine is covered up when (and if) snow happens. Nice photos and I get a warm feeling looking at the freezing white stuff.
                    Woodie
miles to go before I sleep...

granitechops

The outside railway has been subjected to a light weathering overnight

granitechops

Scale?  snow drifts in the Mountain Pass, making it impassable ::)  ;D

finescalerr

I don't mean to be a party pooper because the snow scenes are pretty but what do they have to do with fine modeling? -- Russ

granitechops

I feel that if one wants to pay attention to detail when doing
background scenery it enhances the  whole, which even the weather can emphasise.
A railway on sticks as it were, in the snow is just that
( not knocking anyones choice here just my personal viewpoint in my personal circumstances) .
A railway in a flat landscape can dissappear completely like under a blanket.
but a landscape with vertical features etc can cause miniature snow drifts etc.,
Ok, so if you lived where you get 5ft of snow, it would not make any difference.
But where I live we rarely get snow. Although I have to say this year we have just had a fortnight of snow & freezing temps to follow.
Just drove the car tuesday first time since friday week. couldnt get to it for the treacherous conditions underfoot

artizen

Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia