• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Snowspeeders x4

Started by FichtenFoo, April 09, 2011, 06:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FichtenFoo

After a looooong hiatus, I completed the pilots, thus completing the individual Snowspeeders. These are the Fine Molds 1/48 scale kits.

The two orange speeders are for a client's diorama. One will be in flight while the other is downed with a pilot being rescued. The two grey "Luke" speeders are for sale if anyone is interested. I can sell them as-is or make a small Hoth display base with the Rebel Turret kit I mastered. Just send me an email if interested for a quote.

http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/tag/snowspeeder/
Chicks dig giant robots.

DaKra

Besides the models, I like the photo treatment. Your photos really do look like the proper vintage SFX film footage.     What did you do to get the effect?

Dave

FichtenFoo

Thanks. I do the scene pretty large, then copy and reduce it which makes it look more natural and blended. While large I position everything, add effects (motion blurs, lasers, etc....), and adjust the color balances so that everything looks right. For example I shifted the colors towards more cyan and blue on the speeders to make them match the backdrop Antarctica photo I downloaded, added the AT-AT shadow to, and then motion blurred.

Once reduced, I add a slight grain via the pixelate filter. Then another slight blur to reblend. Finally I shift the RGB channels a pixel or two in opposite directions to give it that red/green on the mediochre TV look.
Chicks dig giant robots.

Chris

Cooooollll I love this kind of action with snow speeder
Empire Strike back is my favorite in first trilogy
and this kind of modeling is fantastic
love the effect of speed flying over Hoth landscape
Thank's to share that  :D
may the force be with you ;D
Welcome to Wherever You Are!