• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Blackburn Agricultural Engine by Cherry Hill…

Started by W.P. Rayner, March 05, 2011, 07:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

Check out this outstanding 1:16 live steam model of an exuberantly steampunk 1863 Isaac Blackburn Agricultural Engine built by Cherry Hill (née Hinds). The pictures below were taken at the 2009 UK Model Engineer Exhibition and unfortunately do not do her model justice, not very sharp and many reflections. There are more photos and information on the Roughboy site. The model actually works, something that the sole original failed to do, perhaps understandably given the complexity and unusual configuration with the boiler inside the large driving wheel.

Paul

SandiaPaul

As a teen growing up my dad got Model Engineer magazine and I was a huge fan of Ms. Hinds!
I never saw this one, It's great, thanks for posting this!

Paul
Paul

Frederic Testard

The model looks really impressive. This humbles most of our efforts...
Frederic Testard

Chuck Doan

Most impressive model and a wonderfully bizzare concept.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/