• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/22,5 Layout Project - Uhlenbuettel Estate

Started by mad gerald, May 22, 2011, 12:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

G'evening all,

Today I'd like to introduce you to my idea of my future layout Uhlenbuettel Estate (Gutshof Uhlenbuettel), which will keep me busy for the next 2-3 years I suppose. I intend to use this thread as a main thread, adding building reports from time to time, except building reports regarding rolling stock or motive power ...

(Sorry, no finescale modelling at the moment)  ;)

Uhlenbuettel is, half real - half fictional, a village with a history over a few hundred years, which is located today as a suburb to the City of Hamburg.

My layout will have mostly all elements of Uhlenbuettel and some more, but - depending of a lack of spare space - be kinda cramped for space, narrow, compressed ... if you can imagine ...

So there will be still some rural scene ...  

... large farmhouses like this, built over 100 years ago ...

... huge barns, partly modernized ...

... buildings and sheds, which have been or should have been modernized as well ...

... and some additional buildings/small business, like a carpenter, a mill, a nursery (horticulture), a "Mosterei" (place, where i. e. apples are squeezed to make apple juice - sorry, didn't manage to find the english/american term) or else, looking like this place, the horticulture business Otto Grosse in Dresden (photo: copyright/contributed/by kind permission of Sven Schlenkrich) ...

... so I got parts of my stuff outside today, which will take place in my layout - mainly cardboard or paper mock ups for proportion checks, like the ASEA battery loco, the Diema LR diesel loco, some visualization regarding an old building, apart from that half finished Struppe Akkulok and walls of the old chicken shack and the new shed ...

Edit: subject

PuckHog

Hello Gerald,  This looks to very interesting in a neat scale,  look forward to your progress :)

The country side looks very green and lush,  will this be the time of year that you will model?

Randy

mad gerald

Hi Randy,

Quote from: PuckHog on May 23, 2011, 06:31:36 PM
... the country side looks very green and lush,  will this be the time of year that you will model?

... I thought so, even if I don't have any experiences shaping floral layout components yet, but I already feel some naggin' doubts, if it would contrast too sharply with the narrow and inhospital area, used for the commercial/workshop purposes with concrete, dilapitated buildings/walls, cobble or paving stones and the only thing being green there would be some kind of weed in the gaps between the stones...  ???

Kind regards