• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Baggage Wagons

Started by Seattle Dave, January 18, 2012, 12:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seattle Dave

Well, reading this board has ALMOST caused me to get back to my modeling bench again.  Although I was mightily tempted to take up the Buffalo Pitts engine, I decided that perhaps something a little smaller would suffice to get me back to the table.

So... I pulled out an old drawing by Julian Cavalier I had been saving since the 70s(!), and began by printing it out in my chosen 1/24 scale.  On doing so, I discovered that the wheels for this cart - although CLEARLY labeled as 23 inches in diameter, are NOT!  They measure 27 inches in diameter.

Anybody out there with other drawings or more information?

Dang!  I hate it when the FIRST thing you want to do "jumps off track"!

Dave
Dave VanderWal

Mr Potato Head

We were recently informed that "Nick" was from "England" I just need to verify that you "Dave" are from Seattle?  Because your handle or moniker is "Seattle Dave"
Thanks
MPH
From Boise Idaho
FWIW I don't have your drawing, sorry, cant you blow it up to the correct scale and just adjust for the wheels, either 23" or 24-27" ? Just a thought?
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Seattle Dave

To be more specific, I have a Renton mailiing address, but that is just outside of Seattle, so I figured it was close enough.

I was sort of joking about the problem, but had already gone to the hardware store to buy a hunk of copper tubing that matched the 23 inch dimension, when I discovered that it was more like 27.  No real problem, just another trip to the store.  I'll pick up the right one next trip over that direction.  It was just sort of irritating when I was in that mental place of firing up the lathe, only to find the material I had was incorrect.  I HATE mislabeled drawings!   ;D
Dave VanderWal

Mr Potato Head

OK just to recap: It's Seattle Dave from Renton, Ok now that we have that cleared up we know that Nick is from England, Dave is from Renton and I Mr. Potato Head is from Dumas–Ville, good luck with that return trip to the hardware store, since your having Storm-a-geddon ::)
MPH
Finally a snow day in Boise
8)
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho