• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

plans books for vintage automobiles?

Started by DaKra, April 24, 2011, 07:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaKra

Is there such a thing as a book of plans for antique vehicles?  I can find great stuff on ships, boxcars and aircraft, so far no luck on old trucks.   But its not really my area.

Looking for something like side, front, rear, and overhead views of 1920s-30s USA trucks and cars. 

Thanks!  :)
Dave

eTraxx

Cyclopedia of Automobile Engineering: Commercial vehicles By American Technical Society published 1915

If nothing else .. fun to look through

P.S.

Looked at the review in O Scale Trains on VectorCut today. Dang. I mean .. you couldn't have had a better review if you had paid the guy off ...
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Cool stuff. I'd like to see something like that for vehicles from a later era, like 1930-1950.

On a related note, where can one find plans or other details for engines of older vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors)?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

NORCALLOGGER

Don't overlook the plan sheets by Al Armitage in the Gazette of the trucks in the Heidrick museum. Good stuff.
Rick

marc_reusser

Not necessarily a "plan" book, but what I would say are two must-have books for anyone modeling earlier trucks and cars:

"American Truck & Bus Spotters Guide 1920-1985" by Tad Burness

"Handbook of Automobiles 1915-1916" publ. by Dover Books.

Both are filled with hundred of illustrations and tons of info. Both books are paperback and should be available used through Amazon.

To me these are a scratchbuilders delight for bashing and imagineering trucks and cars.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

chester

Dave, There are several online sites where blueprints are available for vehicles. Most of these tend to be simple orthographic views but many contain measurements. They are used by "modelers" of vehicles for the gaming community and those creating virtual image art. Sources are mostly from manufacturers brochures. Here's one I belong to that has the biggest selection. One must become a member to view the prints. Do a Google for "truck/automobile blueprints" and you will find others.

http://www.smcars.net/forums/index.php