• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Per Olav Lund's Norway 1940 Diorama

Started by marc_reusser, February 02, 2007, 01:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

These photos were posted on the Mig website. It shows an in progress 1/35 scale diorama by well known modeler Per Olav.  And I think it is really great in the sense that it shows how we as a modelling community can draw from and appreciate eachothers work.

Here is the text and photos:

"Hello

After lurking around the forum from time to time I post some photos of my lates project.
I read an article by Chuck Doan on the net a while ago and was stunned by his realistic and detailed work, it was incredible!!
Decided to try his tecniques int a ww2 diorama and here is the result. Some details left at the house and of course a lot of work on the figs and panzer 
The scene is set in Norway 1940.

To you Chuck (have seen your name on this forum);again, thanks for sharing your wonderful tecniques 

Looking forward to be around!

Cheers
Per Olav"

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Hauk

Quote from: marc_reusser on February 02, 2007, 01:20:07 PM
These photos were posted on the Mig website. It shows an in progress 1/35 scale diorama by well known modeler Per Olav.  And I think it is really great in the sense that it shows how we as a modelling community can draw from and appreciate eachothers work.

Marc, thanks a lot for the link!
I am a great fan of Per Olav?s work, but I was not aware of this diorama.
Just a little detail: In the subject you written that the diorma is set in Finland, while the text (correctly) places it in Norway.

Probably a minor point for all others than us Norwegians, but as a modeller I am a sucker for details!

Regards, H?vard H

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

marc_reusser

Havard,

Ooops...so very sorry...you are quite right...thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why I did that...must have been thinking someting about Finland ::).   I have corrected it.

Trust me I know how it feels..... people constantly seem to think I speak Swedish and that the national flag means they all work for the Red Cross. Even though its a white cross. ???  :-\  ;D

Marc  :)

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

Jerry

Marc

Thanks for the link.  Just outstanding work!!

Jerry