• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Beutifully Modeled Snow/Slush

Started by marc_reusser, January 15, 2008, 11:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

This is some of the best modeled/represented slushy/snow I have seen....it looks cold, slushy, and just plain awful...perfect.

It was done by a Polish modeler named 'Radek Pituch', and was posted over on the MIG forum.

His description of the technique is:

"I've used a mix of soda bicarbonate and vallejo water effect. This was the first layer. Secondly I've added a light wash of raw umber. The next thing was to cover everything with vallejo's still water - for a watery effect. The last thing I did on this one, was adding a mix of soda and still water here and there. This gave me a more transparent and "melted" mixture. Try this out, it's really simple method and gives nice effects."

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

John McGuyer

Makes a California boy like me want to turn up my heater.

John