• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:1 weathering

Started by Ray Dunakin, June 26, 2011, 11:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

I saw this posted in another forum and thought some of you guys might find it interesting. It's a real, 1996 Harley that's been extensively modified and weathered to look like a rusty, beat up old board track racer:

It was in auctioned and sold for over $12k.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

danpickard

Cool bike Ray,
It would of course be interesting explaining it to the highway patrol dude when he pulls you over to check the road worthiness of your vehicle;  "She looks like she's about to fall apart, but she's brand spanking new...honest officer".

I'd be tempted to try the same effect on the family people mover, but somehow don't think the wife would see my reasoning  ;D

Cheers,
Dan

JESTER

Very cool! My friend did the rust on this VW. I actually thought it was real.

BKLN

Holy shit, that beetle is hilarious!

Seattle Dave

LOVE the VW, but think it would have been a lot funnier if done on a fiberglass body!
Dave VanderWal

eshaver

Isn't this taking the case of  "Rat- Rod " too far ? Ed Shaver
See ya on de road folks ...........