• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

How to sand the bottom surface of a 1mm U square without widening the sides.

Started by ho henry, August 31, 2011, 02:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ho henry

Some time ago I was faced with this problem.

The solution I derived came in the following form.

1. Utilising cut up cereal boxes I found one whose sides were aproximately 1mm thick.
   2. I carefully cut 1mm sized sand paper strips.
   3. Then using ELMERS ALL PURPOSE GLUE glued it to the bottom edge of the cardboard.
   4. Utilise a toolthpick or a needle to apply the glue.
   5. Make sure that you utilize the bottom straight edge of the cardboard you cut as the tool.
   6. Once the 1mm sandpaper strip backing is coted with the glue use both your thumb and index finger to align the strip evenly to the bottom straight edge of the cardboard.   
   7. Tap the surface thus making it flat and allow to dry.

You will find that the sandpaper will wear out quite fast don't worry thier easily replaceable just pull the worn out strip off.   So cut sufficient replacement strips of what you think you might need.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

ho henry

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

ho henry

Frederic

Thanks Always glad to share,.  Happy to be aboard.  I've come accross some fantastic ideas at this forum.

henry