• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ian McQue Concept Designs

Started by JESTER, August 18, 2011, 12:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JESTER

http://industriamechanika.com/blog/2011/07/ian-mcque-concept-designs/

QuoteIndustria Mechanika is proud to announce that we will be collaborating with Ian McQue to create a line of airships based on his phenomenal concept art. The first two release masters are in production now, and are being constructed by Michael Fichtenmayer aka FichtenFoo. These initial 1/35 scale releases will be all new, never before seen designs created by Ian and will feature all new paintings to be used for the cover art.

finescalerr

Congratulations. That looks pretty interesting. Please keep us up to date as you build prototypes. -- Russ

FichtenFoo

Thanks for posting this Jester. I've been meaning to post about this and our other upcoming releases, but between making Ian's masters and working on the various collaborations for our upcoming releases, I've just been swamped. It's the best kind of busy though!

Check out more of our announcements and upcoming releases at http://industriamechanika.com

Thanks Russ!
Chicks dig giant robots.

marc_reusser

HUGE fan of Ians work....so look forward to what you master for this! I have always thought his stuff would make for a great model.....and now it shall be reality. Thanks Michael!

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

FichtenFoo

My pleasure! Really! I was very psyched when I contacted him and he said he's a huge fan of my work as well. He's very excited about these projects.

So I have a lot of phenomenal concept artists lined up without skilled model-makers to connect them to. If anyone is interested, contact me through the Industria Mechanika site for more information.
Chicks dig giant robots.

pwranta193

F2,

Chris B. (Strangeworld) was just showing these to me the other day - great art/design.  What scale are you looking at offering these in? <Edit - Oops - just saw the actual site description and the 1:35th call out - these will be impressively large>

Love your larger project as well - looking forward to seeing how it evolves!

Paul
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

FichtenFoo

Thanks! Just posted a thread here on the completed master in the in-progress forum. Check it out!
Chicks dig giant robots.

NE Brownstone

Very Heavy Metal-ish.  Cool concept art.  I'm sure the kit(s) will be of the same high quality as the fish-sub. 
Russ
The other, other Russ

darrylhuffman

Love it!!!

About 30 years ago, two of my modeling buddies, Max Corey and Mark Blair, developed a game based on the conception of two island nations at war.

But they had never developed gas engines so they did not have airplanes.

But they did have a large variety of aerial warships which were steam powered, lighter than air ships.

Legg's stockings came in large, half "egg" shells and these shells formed the basis for their model's air bags.

All their models have long since been discarded or destroyed but they would certainly love to see what you guys are doing.

Fascinating concepts.

Thanks for sharing.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.