• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A pickup but not American

Started by Gordon Ferguson, November 28, 2011, 10:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Been struggling with a couple of my larger winter projects and was thinking I needed to something a bit simpler for a bit when last week I spotted this in a local charity shop

Partly built & painted but all the bits were there!

Now I have no real interest in a 2 CV car but thought I might find something to do with it along the lines of a van, but some research soon found this

A bit of cutting and glueing

Apart from sorting out the cab the other area that needed a bit of work was the bonnet(hood) where the late model version in the kit had to be modified back to the early version , removal of moulded scallops, fitting the false bonnet, new radiator opening & grill added

The rest of the build was nice and simple .... I have cut out the drivers door as the early version had suicide doors and I wanted to show the door ajar to show this fact

Just about ready to think about how to finish it .... thinking along the lines of a chimney sweeps works vehicle circa 1955, ladders, dust sheets brushes ,etc.

Gordon

Mr Potato Head

Nice! I like the new hood and the body panels!
very cool
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Andi Little

Most excellent Gordon .................... a kitbash/scratch I've mulled over for many a long time. And it looks very convincing too.

You can almost taste the garlic  ;)

Oh ................. and ps I'm sure you've probably seen this? - But thought another airing wouldn't hurt??

KBO..................... Andi.

finescalerr

Your design is more attractive than the vehicle you found on the Internet. -- Russ

marc_reusser

That's awesome. I love these CV's (wanted to buy one a couple of years back...but the wife just laughed at me  :-\ ). These kind of finds are great for scratching, parts, or a stress-free build (I PU. a Dragon BMP-2 like this the other day for $8)  Did your kit come with a Peter Sellers figure? ;D ;D.

Very nice and clean scratchwork.

How did you fab the taillight rings on the rear panel?

The only criticism/suggestion I have, is re. your choice of putty...you really need to get away from the green stuff (or any of the Squadron stuff).....it's absolute garbage...and that's being kind. ;D

Don't forget the painting step.  :P ;D ;D

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Andi, good to hear from you ............. back at the bench yet?

I had forgotten about that one.

Marc

I cheated ...... white primer just makes it look clean  ;)

Tail light rings ............... just the plain old fashioned trick of winding some fine wire around some brass tube, slide off and then cut through with scalpel blade, flatten with steel rule & apply.

If you look at the left hand one you can see the join! ( 3 O'clock)

Should have used same wire & technique for the Citroen emblem on the grill >:(

Squadron green putty ............... old habits die hard, and feathered with super fine wet & dry I usually get away with it.

What would you recommend ?
Gordon

Barney

That's different and very nicely done and yes it is nice to have a go at a simple conversion or straight forward kit build now and again it does not give you headaches I know that hobbies are a way of relaxation or should be but its so easy to get deeply involved in some of our scratch building projects with the research of the subject -trying new techniques even thinking about the next step whilst in the armchair so keep the good work up and relax .
Barney

Malachi Constant

Wow!  That is a really sweet and seemingly very swift conversion job there ... beautiful bashing / bodging / cross-kitting or whatever you wanna call it ... and dang fine job on fabricating the new bits.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

QuoteSquadron green putty ............... old habits die hard, and feathered with super fine wet & dry I usually get away with it.

What would you recommend ?

Tamiya "Regular" putty (I use this 99% of the time)

Mr. Hobby (Gunze) putty

Quote... beautiful bashing / bodging / cross-kitting or whatever you wanna call it

I think they call it "buggering the plastic".
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Chuck Doan

This is neat, I was unaware of the pick-up version. Nice job Gordon!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/