• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Burden of Sorrow - Finished w/recap pics

Started by ricklawler, March 10, 2012, 06:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

In 1969 my family drove right past Auschwitz and I'm glad we did. "Disturbing" doesn't even begin to describe that place. Then came all the movies about concentration camps. Hideous and monstrous as they were, enough is enough. I'd rather visit a rescue home for puppies and kittens. -- Russ

marc_reusser

I visited and walked through Dachau as a child, in the 70's.  The smell of death in the gas chamber, and all I saw there is something I will never forget as long as I live.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Chuck Doan

Some years back our local PBS station aired the movie Shoah on consecutive evenings. About 8 or 9 hours worth as I recall.  In-between interviews they used the sound of railroad cars rolling. Equally unforgettable for me.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/