• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Koenigsegg Hood Release Mechanism...

Started by W.P. Rayner, October 09, 2011, 07:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

Ok, it's not modelwork but thought some of the 3D rendering blokes here might find this of interest. Rendering below is my proposed design for the Koenigsegg (Swedish super car) Hood Release. Koenigsegg recently held a competition for the design of this component. Unfortunately I didn't become aware of it until after the deadline, but decided to go ahead and prepare a design anyway... a good exercise.

The housing is carbon fibre, the handle (design derived from an element in the Koenigsegg logo) is machined titanium. The handle is attached to a grooved cam on the back side of the housing. When the handle is turned counter-clockwise, it pulls a spring-loaded cable that releases the hood latch. The cable passes through the guide just visible behind the right edge of the housing.

Components were drawn in Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012 and rendered in Keyshot 2.

Paul

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

W.P. Rayner

Thought of that Chuck but they won't accept any submissions past the deadline... Evidently they had quite a good response, so hopefully they will offer up another competition at some point in the future.

Paul

W.P. Rayner

Completed some minor revisions to the proposed Koenigsegg hood release and prepared a new rendering showing both front and rear views of the mechanism. You can see the grooved cam that pulls the spring-loaded release cable when the handle is rotated counter-clockwise. Rendering was completed in Keyshot 2.

Paul

finescalerr

Are you sure that is a rendering and not actually a photo of the machined and assembled mechanism? -- Russ

W.P. Rayner

Yes, that is a rendering Russ... thanks.

Paul