• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

bricks and rust

Started by 1-32, March 05, 2012, 12:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

good morning everybody ,here are 4 pictures that have a welth of weathering detail in combinations-metal ,bricks and plaster,rust and paint and mortar lines in distress.
i hope that you enjoy them-regards kim.

JESTER

Cool, I did some research and found the original poster with many more pics: http://nordroden.livejournal.com/64890.html

-

1-32

i agree -i think i like the last shot ,that smoke stack ,rust and plaster insulation
regards kim

marc_reusser

These are fantastic! Thanks Kim, and Tim.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Hauk

I have never met an architect that doesnt like stuff like this!

So as an architect myself I am obliged to like it.

And I like it a *lot*.

Thanks for sharing!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

shropshire lad

I thought all architects like shiny new and squeeky clean concrete , glass and stainless steel !

Good set of pictures , Kim .

Nick

1-32

i think i goes beyond archecture to me i represents the unique properties of man and nature.this site has had a very hard life.built in cold war russia in the freezing wastes of siberia its work force demonistrates a shabbyness in its manintance that is sculptural.looking at it the whole place is both scarey and beautiful,i am shore they cant wait to pull it down.
regards kim

finescalerr

Kim, I don't know if it's just my computer but your avatar has disappeared and in its place is a link.

Note to everyone: Avoid using links in place of images unless your link is simply a reference to another site. Links break down. Uploaded images remain on this server and are less prone to problems.

Russ

1-32

russ i have just achived one of my life time goals-i have become a link.
but , really i dont know what happed,i downloaded the photoes to "fotika"then downloaded them to your site with the text.
looks like the russian mafia has at last has got me for my unpaid parking fines ,i hope this is only a temporary achivement.
regards kim

EZnKY

This architect likes both!
New shiny concrete, and the old stuff.
It's the variation that makes things interesting.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky