• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Heywood Coupler Prototypes from Fineline...

Started by W.P. Rayner, January 07, 2012, 10:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

As promised, here is a shot of the Heywood Coupler prototypes in 1:6 scale. These were prototyped by Fineline Prototyping in their ProtoGen 18420 material, high-resolution stereolithography build in .002" layers. ProtoGen is an epoxy resin, similar to ABS engineering plastic. These will be used by the client as casting masters. The penny will give you some sense of the size of these pieces.

Paul

finescalerr

Ken Hamilton

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

SandiaPaul

Very nice!
I didn't know there was a new penny design.
Paul

Wesleybeks

They came out great Paul.

Only problem is that on my side of the pond I have no idea how big a penny is.  ;D.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

EZnKY

A penny is just slightly smaller than a 1 koruna coin from the Czech Republic!   ;D
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

marc_reusser

...and just slightly larger than a Euro Cent. ;D

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Wesleybeks

Thanks for the size clarification Marc and Eric. So my guessing it was a similar size to a Singapoer Dollar wasnt far off then. ;)
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Chuck Doan

Thanks for the pics Paul! They do look nice.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

JohnP

Paul, what hand finish level did you select? They look so smooth.
John
John Palecki