• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pacific into UP 2906 Streamlined Locomotive

Started by Jerry Barnes, January 29, 2012, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Barnes

I got a old Pacific/tender at Marty's. I wanted to build UP #2906 Streamlined locomotive. The boiler/front are plastic pipe parts. Curve is not quite right, but works for me.  :D

Front view shows the Nashua Metal Duct Tape foil that I use. I emboss rivet/panel lines in it, then peel off the backing. Sticks on good!

I got Boxpox wheel castings from Bob Thon for the center axle. I used them on my UP 844 build last year.

2906 used a Vandy tender, but I did not have one. The USRA tender was too low, so I added a plank to the top and reglued the curved parts on top. Balsa planks, the hatch was cut down from the original.

Getting closer to paint!

John McGuyer

Jerry,

Your modeling has certainly grown with this project. You were always willing to take on the tough projects but operated by the 10 foot rule. With this model, you have paid great attention to the shape, you have made the proper drivers and you are building the correct valve gear. There is 'rivet counter' hope for you yet.

John

Jerry Barnes

I got some paint on it. Original color was yellow/brown, but yellow/gray being the UP streamliner colors and me having streamliner cars that color I decided to go with that paint scheme. Besides I hate brown! May offend some purists, but I'm the one that has to look at it.

Jerry Barnes

My wife cut the vinyl for the lettering and graphics. Some detail work left to do, but it's getting close.