• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Heywood Brake Van Update...

Started by W.P. Rayner, April 21, 2012, 06:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

He's inspiring the old ones, too, including ME. -- Russ

michael mott

Russ, that is a given or we would not be following along ;)

Michael

W.P. Rayner

Thank you gentlemen... your compliments are much appreciated.

I've been doing some more work on the brake mechanism components, but it's on hold again for the moment as I'm waiting for more detailed reference material. Unfortunately being several thousand miles from the only remaining reconstructed prototype means that it can take some time to get correct information.

Paul

W.P. Rayner

Received the needed reference material from my Heywood guru last week so was able to finish the rest of the brake mechanism. Skeleton-view rendering below shows all the components in place. A simple hand-operated mechanism, it proved to be almost wholly ineffective in use requiring a herculean effort to bring the train to a stop. The reconstructed version of the Van has been fitted with air brakes in order to more effectively fulfill its purpose.

As before, drawings were completed in Autodesk Inventor, rendering in Keyshot 3. A larger view is viewable at http://www.roughboy.net/?wpb_portfolio=sir-arthur-heywood-brake-van.

Paul

Gordon Ferguson

As I said elsewhere bloody marvellous work ...... I just stand back in amazement every time I see one of your renderings
Gordon

finescalerr

lab-dad

Really amazing!
Would be kinda cool to see a model built just like the image!
Might have to use some clear acrylic.
-Marty