• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:32 Corrugated

Started by Younger, April 17, 2012, 07:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Odd. Walt pulled his ad last year claiming none of my readers buys his products. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Quote from: finescalerr on April 25, 2012, 01:21:03 AM
Odd. Walt pulled his ad last year claiming none of my readers buys his products. -- Russ

I don't. I buy Builders In Scale. ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

granitechops

Quote from: eTraxx on April 24, 2012, 02:27:41 PM
Just a note .. from Wikipedia

Corrugated galvanized iron ((the wikipedia link spells it galvanised. Go figure)

QuoteThe corrugations are described in terms of pitch (the distance between two crests) and depth (the height from the top of a crest to the bottom of a trough). It is important for the pitch and depth to be quite uniform, in order for the sheets to be easily stackable for transport, and to overlap neatly when making a join. Pitches have ranged from 25 mm (1 inch) to 125 mm (5 inches). It was once common for CGI used for vertical walls to have a shorter pitch and depth than roofing CGI. This shorter pitched material was sometimes called "rippled" instead of "corrugated". However nowadays, nearly all CGI produced has the same pitch of 3 inches (76 mm).

Just seems to me that with phrases like "have ranged" and "once common" along with that pitch having ranged from 1 inch to 5 inches .. you should have a pretty wide field as long as the corrugated metal sheet is from 'back when' and not a recent building.
Just to add to that,
from trawling my memory I seem to remember 'Big 6' corregated, possibly asbestos sheet, in the 60s here in (sometimes) sunny ole south Devon,
There was also definitely in Asbestos, an industrial size corrugation, ex government (UK) with aternate 9"? wide flats & 5-6 inch corrugations in curved sheets for possibly Aircraft Hanger application, 30-35ft Radius curve, I worked a small Coles crane INSIDE one, although that might have been an American contribution to the war effort
Don in sunny Devon, England

Bill76

You could something interesting on this site : www.universmini.com. There a choise of 1/32 corrugated irons with ronund an square shapes. By the way, they introduce some new items as corrugated cardboard as well.

The online shop is in France. Hope you could find what you need.

Georges.

Mr Potato Head

It's on page 6-7 of the accessories, George next time a little more info would be great, and if you didn't know, it's OK but we Americans are dumb ???, we only know one language, so next time a little help with your beautiful language, por favor  ::)
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Bill76

Don't worry Mister Potato, follow these instructions:

- go on www.universmini.com ;
- stay on the green column called '' RUBRIQUES '' it means the differents categories ;
- choose '' ACCESSOIRES '' ;
- then choose in '' Liste des articles '' > BATIMENTS (it means sheds, barns, ...) ;
- another choise appears and choose TOLES / BARDAGES (it means round and square corrugated irons).

The entire range of available items appears and you can have a look on.

If something is wrong, let me know.

J'espère que ces informations te seront bien utiles. Bonne ballade. Georges

Mr Potato Head

Muy muchas gracias!
Monsieur Pomme de terre tete ::)

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on May 04, 2012, 12:39:21 PM
Muy muchas gracias!
Monsieur Pomme de terre tete ::)

Le réalité et toi, vous ne vous entendez pas, n'est-ce pas?....On t'a bercé trop près du mur?

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bill76

You might be right, Marc ... Or perhaps Mr PotatoHead has stayed too long in the back of the classroom looking through the window instead of listening to the french teacher !!! Wasn't she enough gorgeous ???

French is not as difficult as that you think, just some practice ...

Mr Potato Head

French in school? No it's all Greek to me! I had four years of Latin!  ::)
So when the Romans come back I'll be ready. :o Bill or is it George? Please pay no attention to the Curmudgeon Administrator, his name says it all!  :P
He's fallen off his bike to many times to be taken seriously!  :-[
Hey I would love to come visit your country! Say the word and I will come and be your guest!  ;DYour welcome here in Potato Land anytime. ;D
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

chester

I'd have to disagree with the Wiki name for what the distance between two crests is. They call it the pitch but when you speak to suppliers it is called the sine. I have purchased corrugated material in asphalt (Onduline), fiberglass (Filon) and of course in galvanized (today with an anodized finish Galvalum). At one time an asbestos corrugated material was available but I haven't seen it for years.The important point I wanted to make was that the sine (or pitch or wave or whatever you want to call it) for each was different. Varying from 1 1/2" between to as much as 3", making the choice of material for modeling a varied one as well.

Mr Potato Head

Chester
That makes sense to me, if you go to my building supply store they come in all different configurations, and of course different lengths and widths.
And when i look at old buildings it seems they used to make it out of hardier material?
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho