• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Model AA Coal Delivery truck

Started by chester, May 04, 2012, 07:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

Nothing big deal here but I'm just starting to get back to my bench after a long hiatus. This 1/87 Model AA from Jordan is a pretty nice little kit as 1/87 kits go. It has one glaring discrepancy however with the roof configuration. I haven't fully corrected it here but it's a bit better.
   This is a kitbash of the Tichy ore car injected plastic kit. We had a manure spreader that disbursed the manure into the flail by means of a screw auger which is what I tried to represent here in a somewhat plausible manner (?) for moving the coal out the gate. The gate at the rear here is built of styrene.

chester

Road side

mabloodhound

Another nice truck Chester.   And I'm glad to see you updated your blog.   
Looking forward to more from the downeast state.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

TRAINS1941

Chester

Nice truck.  Great to see you back at the bench.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ken Hamilton

Wow...what a great job. 
Weathering like that is tough enough in the BIG scales.  For HO, this is incredible (but typical for you)
Glad to see you're building.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Ray Dunakin

Nice job! I like the weathering!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

BKLN

I am glad you are back on the bench. It's always exciting to see some 1/87 stuff.

...now that Anders has moved on into the bigger scales  :'(

finescalerr

That thing needs a bath and a paint job! While you're at it, get somebody to polish up the chrome. Have you no pride of ownership? -- ssuR

Mobilgas

Chester,   Glad to see you modeling again ;) Im always interested in seeing your work.
Craig

modelico

Chester, you can`t imagine how glad I am to see you back at your workbench again!! Lovely and stunning H0 truck...as always!!
Artificial intelligence is not a substitute for natural stupidity