• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's layout part 3

Started by jacq01, March 18, 2008, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

some more of the gravelworks. Structure is fully equipped with bins, shaker-tables and sorting screens, conveyor belts and discharge tunnel to large silo conveyor

Fishbelly bridge, assymetric with a span of 250mm ( 10") Bridge is constructed like original with overlaying steel sheets and strips replaced, innitially by 0,13mm styrene sheets and later by layers 0,1 mm printing paper as styren turned brittle ( probably too much thinner in paint). Bridge is very strong and carries without any problem distributed loads in excess of 2Kg ( 4lbs)  Tunnel marks entry to later built part and is a so called technical tunnel, made to stabilise the mountainside.

Other side of technical tunnel.  Chapel is fully furnished with benches and altar carrying Maria statue and candles
made from light tubes. Fantastic sight when bulb underneath layout is illuminated as candles appear to be burning.

Stone arch bridge with working barriers ( very slow imitating handoperation)
Signals cannot be set green when barriers are open ( interlocked )

The "Bahnmeisterei" the line's maintenance shed across the tracks and the signalbox.
Fully equiped with ( non functional) interlocking leverbank for points, signals and barriers
after original drawings. In the basement all tensionlevers and weights are all imitated.

Signal box with across the track the locomotive shed and service area for the pusher loco's

During exhibitions the seams between the modules are reworked to make them in- or hardly visible. 

till part 4 
Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

WoW! ::)  It's the bomb!!....beautiful work.  It has a great feel...believable, and just the right amount of "grittyness"...the scenery is wonderfully done. (Errinert mich ans Heimatland  ;D )

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

jacq01

Missing photo  of chapel 

the otherside of the signal box

Trackplan 1

Trackplan 2

Jacq

I am what I remember.

Nurser

Jacq, Only today I sent a mail to a friend saying I'd never seen a convincing German model railway.  Well now I have and then some!!
Very nice indeed. I've actually seen a signal box in worse condition than yours in Oschersleben. :)Being used!!
Tell us how you do water, please.
Hector

jacq01

some additional info and missing photo's.

Missing photo's  of chapel 

the other side of the signal box

Still to come

Hector, 
    I will answer your question later with some extra photo's in the technique section.

Jacq

I am what I remember.

John McGuyer

That layout is stunning.

Hey Mac! Do you think we should kidnap Jacq to come over here and do some scenery on Del Oro Pacific?

John

Ronald

Hi Jacq,

Nice pics! I never get the change to make them, so I'm happy that you did... ;D ;D
Great! ;)
QuoteDo you think we should kidnap Jacq to come over here and do some scenery on Del Oro Pacific?
That would be a long journey...... ;)

Grtz,  8) Ronald 8)

jacq01

John,

you have a footprint and some pictures of Del Oro ???

I don't mind coming over for a couple of months when you take care of my lodgin ,   food and drinks.  ;D ;D ;D
   From Januari I cast of the shackles of employement and tie myself up to more interesting projects like eh...... modelrailroading  ;D,  modelrailroading  ;D,   what SWMBO wants  ;) ;)

Jacq
I am what I remember.

John McGuyer

Jacq
Del Oro Pacific is the original modular large scale layout <http://deloropacific.org/index.htm> Mac and I are both members. We set the layout up at a number of shows throughout the year. Your work is so beautiful, that it would be a credit to any layout that featured it.
John