• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ford-AA Fire Truck on railway 1/43, I need some help

Started by Ornst, July 01, 2012, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ornst

Hi friends. Several years ago, found the Internet three pictures of this truck.

wanted to do it in 1/35, but the model was not worthy. Two years ago I switched exclusively to 1/72 and returned to collecting cars in 1/43. all my projects in 1/35 I gave up. And now, finally appeared in Russia it is a worthy model in 1/43 truck GAZ-AA (Ford AA) for conversion into a fire truck.
I began to alter the basic model,

but I do not have enough information. Maybe somebody has other pictures of this car and have the opportunity to photograph it in more detail? I will be very grateful.

regards, Alex

Malachi Constant

Neat project!  You might try doing web & image searches for "SD&AE railroad fire truck" and try tracking thru the various leads to see if you can find more ...

Found a couple short videos on you-tube showing the truck in operation.  Quality isn't good enough to give much modeling info, but may be interesting:

http://youtube.ng/user/gopsdragon

(two firetruck videos linked on that page)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Also try doing a Google search for "Ford Model AA fire truck". That should at least get you some pics and info about similar vehicles.

BTW, that fire truck is on my list of "someday" projects for my 1/24th layout, which was inspired by the SD&AE's Carrizo Gorge section. I remember seeing the fire truck at the former Jacumba depot prior many years ago, before it was restored.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Thats a neat subject for a model. Hope you find the info you are looking for.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/