• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/5th Scale Model People

Started by Don, May 28, 2013, 06:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

Are there reasonable looking "1/5th scale model people"? One of the students here needs a few scale people to add to his automobile design project. I figured if anyone would know it would be someone on this form.   
If so where would one find them?
Hopefully not in the 1/5th scale Hobbit woodlands.

Thank you, Don

marc_reusser

Not sure if there are actual figures in this scale.....but for scale and reference what about one of those wooden artist figures. I believe they may come in 1/5....and if primered, it would just be an amorphous refernce form.

Back in the "old days" while at ACCD if we needed a scale figure we occasionally sketched a figure, mounted it on black Strathmore then cut it out. this gave us the figure/look we wanted/needed. Another option is was include one in the 1/5 tape/section drawing of the vehicle, and then place/present the model in front of this.....just some thoughts.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

I'm with Marc on both those ideas.
A blank figure gives it scale without taking away from the real purpose of the display.
-Marty

Don

Thanks for your response;
I found some 1/4 scale figures an RC car site and possibly 1/5th on an RC airplane site. They look good but they are custom figures and he does not have time to wait for that.
The model is a 1/5 scale futuristic design project of a 1960 era Citroen. It looks better than it sounds. He wanted to put some realistic looking figures that would look like people from that era, ala Jean-Paul Belmondo, Bridget Bardot, etc. standing outside of the new futuristic model. Looking like the 1960's French version of their "bad" selves!
We work with the Auto Design School students occasionally and try and help them out when possible.

Thank you gentlemen for your excellent suggestions I will pass them on.
Don