• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Air locomotive engine.

Started by 5thwheel, August 09, 2012, 10:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thwheel

These pictures were sent to me by my son when he was on a trip to Canada.  It is of an air operated locomotive for mining.  The engine was charged with air then driven into the mine.  When in there it was recharged for the return trip. Interesting and would make a great model.

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Chuck Doan

Are one of these in your future Bill?

I enjoyed watching the feature on your work. Great stuff, and welcome!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

5thwheel

No Chuck, I don't have any plans for the engine however I think it would look great in a mine layout. Thanks for the compliment on the video, all are in 1/12th scale and completely from scratch.  Many are projects from a class I taught back in Maine. Started a look through your stuff this morning and like what I saw.  Very nice job on aging. Will have to take an evening and look more closely.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

shropshire lad

Quote from: 5thwheel on August 10, 2012, 07:28:52 AM
No Chuck, I don't have any plans for the engine however I think it would look great in a mine layout. Thanks for the compliment on the video, all are in 1/12th scale and completely from scratch.  Many are projects from a class I taught back in Maine. Started a look through your stuff this morning and like what I saw.  Very nice job on aging. Will have to take an evening and look more closely.

You'll need more than one evening !

Gordon Ferguson

Hi Bill, you might be interested in this thread ........ Don't know if Michael ever finished it, but I am the last to criticise on that score!

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=325.msg3606#msg3606
Gordon