• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1926 Model TT motorhome

Started by Ray Dunakin, September 27, 2012, 09:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

This site has photos of a really funky motorhome made in 1926 on a custom Ford Model TT chassis. It belonged to a circus manager, and after the circus folded they lived in it for 50 years. It was recently restored for display in a museum in Arkansas:

http://www.brhoward.com/model_t_motor_home.html

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mobilgas

Ray,   Thats a long time living in that small of a place ::)
Craig

5thwheel

Pretty neat,  Body could have been built by one of several lunch wagon companies. Photos below of one with framing.  Photos are from the book American Diner by Richard J. S. Gutman.  

Click on picture to enlarge.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

This 1940 "Hunts House Car" would make a great model:

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

chester

Not pertaining to the subject, sorry, but I can't help but be reminded of a car I saw several years ago called a Scarab. A manufacturer that calls 'em like he see's 'em.

Seattle Dave

William B. Stout (1880-1956) is remembered in aviation for his part in the design of the famous Ford Tri-Motor "Tin Goose" and in automotive circles for the Scarab shown in the above post, nine of which were built. His credo "Simplicate. Add lightness" was reflected in the Scarab design by eliminating running boards (allowing a wider body interior), placing the engine in the rear and incorporating a smooth airflow body, based on unit construction (no frame as such). Not only did it have a unit construction body made out of light aluminum, it featured the famous Ford flathead V8 engine placed at the rear driving the rear wheels via a Stout-built three-speed manual transaxle. It has a 135'' wheelbase, 4-wheel independent coil spring suspension,electric door locks,  flexible seating, thermostatically-controlled heat, and the most spacious cabin of any American car as the result of no running boards and no drive shaft tube.  The Scarab car was a people- moving forerunner to the minivan built in 1935-6.  The suggested selling price new began at $5,000.
Dave VanderWal