• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New AK Weathering Magazine

Started by marc_reusser, June 15, 2012, 10:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

If he is mixing up his MIGs and AKs it is well he isn't in the Russian armed forces either!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on November 06, 2012, 02:48:40 PM
If he is mixing up his MIGs and AKs it is well he isn't in the Russian armed forces either!

You're right , because his head would be befuddled with vodka instead .

lab-dad

Its the RUM dammit! :-[ :P
Yes i have all my migs and AKs all mixed up.
Good news i can order the mag
Shh.... dint tell Ian or Adam but especially Ringo!

mj

RichD

Did anyone have problems paying for thier order on the AK site using a credit card.  I kept getting an error when trying to verify my Visa

Thanks in advance

RichD

marc_reusser

I think the site is down/not functioning right t the moment because of the storm issues. (Iain that runs the shop/site lives in the zone. Try dropping him an email if you still hve a problem in a dy or so.

I use Viisa w/ no problem.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Just got the news that the Weathering Mag is now available for digital download from this link:

http://www.pocketmags.com/viewmagazine.aspx?titleid=1453&title=The+Weathering+Magazine

I have not checked it out, as I get mine in tree-ware form, ....but you can apparently dowload it directly to your PC Android devices, Kindle, PC and Mac.....but will need to install the App to read it on an iPad, and iPhone
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bexley

Wow. I didn't know the digital format was that new. I just happened to decide earlier today to order the paper copies, went to the website, and saw the digital ones. Since the first issue was unavailable, and since I'm pinching pennies like mad these days, I ordered the digital ones.

Overall, I don't have any complaints. You have to download an app and register an account in order to view the issues, which is unfortunate. I mean, it's not inherently bad- the viewer (I'm currently using a Motorola Xoom tablet) works well and the photos are pretty high resolution, so I can zoom in on them and really see details. But if, someday, the app is no longer available, you wouldn't be able to view them if you needed to migrate to a new device. On a PC it might be a bit different, though. I haven't checked yet. I would assume the app is a file download you install, and so as long as you backup the install file and your downloaded issues, you'd be alright. Assuming the app doesn't need to connect to the web to verify licenses or anything.

Seriously, though- Adobe would make a killing if they could come up with a reasonably decent means of copy protecting a PDF, then licensing that out to digital format publishers.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

lab-dad

See that's why paper magazines are superior!
When the end of the wold arrives I will have plenty to read!
Mj

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on November 10, 2012, 04:36:15 AM
See that's why paper magazines are superior!
When the end of the wold arrives I will have plenty to read!
Mj

And plenty of loo roll as well .

David Emery

I downloaded and viewed the "Dust" version of the online magazine on my wife's 3rd gen iPad (with the Retina display.)  The photos were very clear, I'm happy with viewing it this way.  But I really didn't like the 'girly photos' mixed in with the rest of the magazine.  They were sufficiently distracting/off-topic to be annoying. 

dave

Chuck Doan

I have just recieved the Rust and Dust issues. I've only skimmed the Rust one and it is a nice concise gathering of step by step info with a handy materials "recap" at the end. I'm almost ready to start thinking about getting interested in starting something.   
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/