• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Help needed on our not yet definite project

Started by Erkut Baykal, November 24, 2012, 11:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erkut Baykal

Now that Selcuk is museum property the team has now lots of ample time. So what we're doing is ; brainstorming on our next project.

Although not definite yet, we plan doing a mining town, obviously with trains passing through.We plan to do a x-section of the mine, going way below layout ground level, with elevators etc...

Our question is; are there any shops who deals in fine scale mining equipment, gizmos...all in HO scale, in other words; anything related to mining.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Erkut

Design-HSB

Hi Erkut,

I'm also mine workers if the scale: 22.5.

In Germany there are some accessories in 1:87.

For example, one of Kibri headframe
and even a mine train from Busch.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

jacq01

Ask Frank Forsten.
There is a german firm that makes a lot of mining buildings and - structures as laser kits.
I can't recall their name.

Is the other idea we discussed in Istanbul changed for this one?

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Design-HSB

Hi Erkut,

at Frank Forsten, there is a steel mill but not mine.

Here but I still have a very nice mine.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Erkut Baykal

Thanks for all the feedback.We have no problems in making the mining structures...its the little bits and pieces, equipment's , mining cars that we are after.

Quote from: jacq01 on November 24, 2012, 01:03:55 PM

Is the other idea we discussed in Istanbul changed for this one?

Jacq

No it hasn't Jacq, we are just brainstorming.

Erkut