• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quickie Chip Experiment/Test (Using 'AK Interactive' fluids)

Started by marc_reusser, October 09, 2011, 02:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

How are you feeling "Little Andi" ... the artist , after looking at those brushes  ;D
Gordon

Andi Little

Quote from: gfadvance on March 28, 2012, 03:02:24 AM
How are you feeling "Little Andi" ... the artist , after looking at those brushes  ;D

Are thoust taking the pisseth? .......... I know; you're just getting your own back re' my yet as unconfirmed application - I thought you might be joking when you said you had "wrote to teh committee".

And as for those brushes .......... Oi Vey already! .......... Dear Mother of God I thought me bum was going to drop off!!!!

Tis' true that only a master craftsman could achieve the results he does with what amounts to a selection of manky sticks. With watching what Marc achievs and then there's that Fitchennfoo fella and his arty mates .............. never have I felt more like some dinosaur ......... and such a bliddy talentless one at that.
I was thinking about posting the CA-Bedford here but I don't respond well to just bringing up the rear - oo-er missus!

Hugs.
KBO..................... Andi.

marc_reusser

Gordon;
Besmirching my finely crafted brushes are you!? ;D
You should see the lovely Sable brushes I use to apply liquid solvent!

Andi;
"manky sticks"...thats wonderful. Will definitely have to remeber that. ;D ;D
...now get off yer bum, and post the Bedford!
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

mad gerald

Quote from: mad gerald on March 09, 2012, 10:37:36 PM
Marc,

would you mind a very short kinda SBS or at least an itemization of the things/steps you used/made, as your result on this ...
Quote from: marc_reusser on March 03, 2012, 08:02:45 PM
Phone am shots of chipping. 060 styrene (for scale purposes, model this goes with is 1/24)

... is just the finish I'd very much want for my HaWe trolley:

Quote from: marc_reusser on March 09, 2012, 11:47:50 PM
... Unfortunately I cannot, as this is part of a project for someone, who will publish the painting and weathering info later this year ...

Marc,

... would this piece of weathering/technique eventually be part of the content in the new weathering mag, you announced here?http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=1862.0

Cheers

marc_reusser

Gerald,

No, the rack is for a possible upcoming book on modeling civilian vehicles. Though, my sources do indicate that one of the future AK mags will be dedicated to "Chipping".

M

M-Works

Andi Little

A tenuous addition to the thread, but have not long ago received said "Chipping" edition. Very VERY good: a good thick magazine for ones pennies - lots of differing techniques and effects, actually an all round quality product.
I am interested to see if it's possible to maintain this standard of content, or whether as the "umbrella" terms for the various contexts of weathering wane will they give way to specific examples of excellence?? [clue is in the sentence].
Also, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling the "dolly bird" is a bit unnecessary and adolescent? - I certainly wouldn't miss her [although I'm sure she's a lovely girl] it just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable really ... I know - "old fart" alert!!

... I do believe my first subscription squared me up for four issues? - It might be nice if it was announced in good time how one continues with ones subscription, and the options therein!

Love to all ................
KBO..................... Andi.

shropshire lad

Quote from: Andi Little on January 26, 2013, 05:31:01 AM
A tenuous addition to the thread, but have not long ago received said "Chipping" edition. Very VERY good: a good thick magazine for ones pennies - lots of differing techniques and effects, actually an all round quality product.
I am interested to see if it's possible to maintain this standard of content, or whether as the "umbrella" terms for the various contexts of weathering wane will they give way to specific examples of excellence?? [clue is in the sentence].
Also, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling the "dolly bird" is a bit unnecessary and adolescent? - I certainly wouldn't miss her [although I'm sure she's a lovely girl] it just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable really ... I know - "old fart" alert!!

... I do believe my first subscription squared me up for four issues? - It might be nice if it was announced in good time how one continues with ones subscription, and the options therein!

I think that this edition is the most useful so far , with a number of non military examples being of particular interest .

I'm inclined to agree about the need for a dolly bird holding a large weapon . I realise that Russ would disagree , but as he doesn't actually do any modelling any more , the rest of the content is really of only academic interest to him !

Nick

finescalerr

You are so right, Nick. I have evolved to a higher plane. The only models I pursue now are of the 18 to 25 year old beautiful female variety and, when I attain one, I find myself in Nirvana.

As for the pause in my building, it really started last July with the slipped disk in my back. I was unable to sit on a chair for longer than a few minutes. Attacks by a couple of influenza viruses and publishing obligations further muddled my free time. Then, on Christmas, young Scarlett brought home the gift that keeps on giving: That killer flu the world now knows as an epidemic. We still have it (you get it for a couple of weeks, it subsides, you think you're nearly over it, and then it clobbers you even worse the second time).

Hence no creative output for months, neither modeling nor music. And it's been rather inconvenient for producing the upcoming Logging Annual.

Mustn't judge a publisher/musician/modeler/philanderer until you chase bikini girls in his shoes (as it were).

Russ

1-32

hey russ sorry to hear that you have the blues.
the approaching spring in the northern hemisphere should help you fight your virus.just remember that in the future these things are going to get worse so we all should try and boost our immune system.
your back i feel that you dont get much exercise bad for backs.the worst thing is to just lie around and not do much.you need to find a exercise that you like and try and strengthen your lower back musles.it will hurt at first but will work[try morning walking] also this is good at fighting viruses.
kind regards doctor kim

shropshire lad

Quote from: 1-32 on January 27, 2013, 12:48:21 AM

your back i feel that you dont get much exercise bad for backs.the worst thing is to just lie around and not do much.you need to find a exercise that you like and try and strengthen your lower back musles.it will hurt at first but will work[try morning walking] also this is good at fighting viruses.
kind regards doctor kim

Exercise ? I think that is where the 18 to 25 year olds come into play . Problem is , the poor dear  can hardly raise a smile at the moment !

Russ ,

Hope you are back to full rude health ( a West Country saying ! ) as soon as possible ,

Nick

Ray Dunakin

Russ, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Seems to be a pretty rough flu season this year, and now there's a nasty stomach bug starting to make the rounds (Sydney norovirus).
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Thanks for the good wishes, guys, but I'm not an invalid; I just had a rough year. I lost about two months of workouts because of the disk but then got back in shape and stayed that way until the recent flu clobbered us. I've been running, bicycling, or walking since my early teens and I do a bunch of upper body exercises, too. I'm not a fat, sedentary publisher like some of my colleagues.

I was just trying to explain why my creative output has been so limited. For me, nothing is more frustrating than failing to crank out my quota of books, models, and music.

Russ

marc_reusser

Quote from: shropshire lad on January 26, 2013, 11:37:03 AM

I think that this edition is the most useful so far , with a number of non military examples being of particular interest .

I'm inclined to agree about the need for a dolly bird holding a large weapon . I realise that Russ would disagree , but as he doesn't actually do any modelling any more , the rest of the content is really of only academic interest to him !

Nick

I agree with both of you. This isue is very nice,as it offers a wide range of examples and comparisons of the techniques on a variety of subject. Plust it also features Chuck  ;D.

I dont't get the girl thing...it reminds me of a bunch of Bevis & Butt-Head retards sitting at their bench snickering. And like said, I am sure she is probably an okay young lady...she's definitely not someone I would ever be interested in speaking with or buying a drink....so it adds absolutely nothing to the mag for me.

Russ, I already gave you my best wishes last time, fishing for more by repeating your illness, is a bit over-the-top. ;D

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on January 28, 2013, 04:02:37 PM
Quote from: shropshire lad on January 26, 2013, 11:37:03 AM

Nick

Russ, I already gave you my best wishes last time, fishing for more by repeating your illness, is a bit over-the-top. ;D

You might have given Russ your best wishes , but the rest of us haven't and he was feeling a bit down and wanted more sympathy .

Here's something to cheer you up , Uncle Russy . I've nearly finished that article you asked for . Well , it is actually the notes for my clinic in Oz but with a bit of chopping and changing it'll do for you as well . All I need to do is finish the building that it about .

Nick

finescalerr

Thanks, Nick. Wow! That is so exciting that, for the first time in my life I was able to get out of my wheelchair. I can walk! I can walk! -- ssuR