• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Small Turbine

Started by eTraxx, September 21, 2013, 08:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi
looking at the paint job i feel that the rsj that support the whole structure is too red it should be painted a darker colour,but great subject.
kind regards kim

eTraxx

Test fitting .. think I will carve out some of the bank to move everything to the right .. and dang that's dusty! Whew

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

finescalerr

It has been a long time since we have seen that diorama. Now we know why you want the turbine. Glad you're back at it. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Ed good to see this come to life again.  Great diorama.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

5thwheel

Very interesting project,  looks good.  One question, how are you planning on taking up the tension on the belt?
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

eTraxx

Bill,
I had thought about that .. and put it aside. Hmmm. I need a smaller tension pulley to do that. Once I have both transmission pulleys in place I need to insert the tension pulley in the center .. before the belt. In the meanwhile .. I cut into the bank to set the pulley support in place. Once I am happy with it, I can glue it in place - which will effectively tell me where the second support will go. Once that is done I need to finish adding the control handles to the turbine and cement that in place too. Then I can 'boil' the water around everything. Notice that under the layout lighting the colors aren't so saturated as earlier photos taken on my work bench.

Ed Traxler

Barney

Very nice and unusual - like the rust
Barney

eTraxx

Ummm .. took a pic the other day - better view of the scene

Ed Traxler