• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bedford O breakdown lorry

Started by voyager, June 18, 2015, 06:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voyager

.....NOT a tow truck! Oh well, I thought I had better contribute something to this forum as I have gained so much enjoyment from it. However, it remains to be seen whether it will be worthy.

This is my version of the Emhar Bedford lorry with crane. I have built the tipper version and the kit goes together well but there are some simplifications so I thought I would add a bit of detail. Having searched for reference pictures, I also decided that the bodywork at the rear while accurate to some versions, overpowered the small cab, therefore I cut the floor out and narrowed the body by 6mm and cut the sides down. I then used one of the mudguards from the tipper version to fashion extensions to cover the wheels. I have also added to the springs, some bolt details to the chassis and some extra twiddly bits to the dash. Anyway here is progress thus far, obviously more than happy to hear comments good and bad or I wouldn't post it here....!

original

now

as Gordon will attest, I am the slowest builder in the world but I will try and keep going with this!
Andrew

If it has wheels, I'll have a look!

Andi Little

That's OK Andy ...... I read slow anyway.

Looking forward to seeing this take shape ..... thanks for posting.
KBO..................... Andi.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Good start! Hope you keep at it.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

voyager

Thanks for the encouragement! By the way, I took the pics with my new camera using the little studio Gordon kindly gave me and I got the settings wrong hence the colour cast :-\  18mp also shows up some horrible stuff doesn't it!
Andrew

If it has wheels, I'll have a look!

turtle

Nice to see you slopping some glue around again  ;)
I assume you are sticking with the Harvey-Frost set-up ?.
Getting a bit hi-tech - a photo studio  :D