• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Panoias, a train station in south Portugal

Started by nalmeida, November 07, 2013, 03:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nalmeida

Well, here are some pictures of my progress in a structure I've been building based on a Portuguese prototype of a train station located in the south of Portugal.

This is H0 and is made out of paper, I've been using a Silhouette Portrait to cut the paper/card for this a one and as always I've been drawing everything in Corel Draw.

Doors:

Walls:

Stairs on the side of the building:

In their place:

From above:

And the current status:

I'm working on the roof and preparing this to be a limited kit for my Portuguese friends.

Frederic Testard

Very nice work, Nelson. It's interesting to see the precise work you can do with the Silhouette Portrait.
Frederic Testard

finescalerr

Do you put anything on the paper to make it stiff like wood or plastic? It looks as though you have painted or sprayed it with varnish or something. -- Russ

nalmeida

Thanks for the comments.

I laminate four pieces of card stock (250 g) to make the walls, since i use pva glue between them this makes for a very strong wall. After that I only paint it with white primer. As for the windows and doors I use 180 g card and give it a few coats of the base color.
The walls are in total 2,4 mm thick and they become as strong as wood or plastic.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

kneighbarger

nalmeida

Thanks once again for the comments Frederic, Ray, Russ and Ken. I'll try to upload a picture of the prototype tomorrow.