• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Allan CP 300 - A Dutch rail car in Portugal

Started by nalmeida, November 07, 2013, 03:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nalmeida

With the Nohab only waiting for the paint (I still have to gather money to buy a double action air brush) I tackled another rail car typical of the portuguese railroads, as the Nohab this one also has some difficult rounded shapes to model.
The construction is styrene, resin and is in H0.

The main body:

From below with the separations between 1st class, 2nd class and the bathroom:

The tops of the rail car are the most difficult to model because of the round shapes, here are the methods I used:

First I've drawn the parts in C Draw and Sketchup and milled them in my cnc machine:

Then put everything together:

Which led me to the damn thing:

Lot's of work to do next.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Stoker

That is some pretty good shooting to get the arcs on those flat pieces to bend into those compound curves and have everything line up.

Since there are basically two cabins in this car/bus would that make it a "Double Dutch Bus"?  8)

Regards, James                        Modeling in 1:48 after a lengthy bout of Scalatosis Indecisivis

Ray Dunakin

Nice work, especially on that complex curved front.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

nalmeida

Thanks for the comments Chuck, Ray and James. I'll try to post some progress soon, next it'll be the roof.