• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Rail Truck

Started by Barney, November 11, 2013, 04:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Well the plan was to finish all the unfinished stuff – but what do I do start yet another project a small rail truck in 1/16 scale and much to my amazement (if that's the word I want)
It's going well and the body is now at the nut/bolt and rivet detailing stage. The engine a 2cyl Lister "look alike" I will be leaving to last and before you ask no it's not a "Liquorish allsorts" that I have used for the Cylinder heads just run out of white Lego blocks!
Barney
Hosted on Fotki

Rad is layers of PE honeycomb and upright mesh to give it a see through look
Hosted on Fotki

Barney

The 2cly engine with twin flywheels which also act as cooling fans
Hosted on Fotki

Engine trial fit
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Engine out and ready for detailing -Just hope the photos stay on and don't disappear into the unknown of Estonia (FOTKI voted the rip off of the year)
Barney
Hosted on Fotki

Mobilgas

Wonderful styrene work  ;)
Craig

nalmeida

An excellent choice of subject, love this little rail trucks. As always your styrene work is exceptional as is the speed you put these ones out!
Great tip on the radiator grill/mesh.

Arno Boudoiron

finescalerr

Frederic Testard

Love it. Same comment as the one I made to Arno about the pleasure of simply watching the styrene assembly.
Frederic Testard

artizen

This is a great subject for my planned 7/8ths scale stuff. One question - where did you source the wheels?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Ray Dunakin

What fun!

I wish I could find wheels like that in 1/24th scale.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Thanks for the comment's its what keeps us going !
Ian & Ray the wheels are from Slaters https://slatersplastikard.com/assets/pdfs/WC-16NG.pdf    ---- they have a good website and I can only say they give an excellent Worldwide service https://slatersplastikard.com/index.php The wheels I used for the rail truck are the 16mm to the foot -Glyn valley tramway ones they come on 32mm gauge axle's but I made some 45mm axle's for this project it works out about 2ft 6in gauge in 1/16 scale .some of the smaller wheels I have found are good for 1/2in scale but also have a look at there range of 7mm Narrow gauge ones
Barney   

finescalerr

Hold your horses, Ray! I'm working with Sketchup everyday and it might be a good lesson for me to try drawing the kind of wheels you want. We could move it to the Sketchup thread or start a new thread and the other 3-D CAD guys could fix (or at least point out) all my mistakes! -- Russ

Barney

Leave me out of all this I don't know what the hell you are going on about -my photos have all gone to Estonia never did work Jpegs out -don't do complicated and Humbrol enamel Green rules OK
Barney
building freelance prototype models of a sort with Lego blocks !!

Junior

Sooo perfect, as usual  ::)!

Anders

NORCALLOGGER

Barney,
That is one neat little rail truck and beautiful workmanship to boot.
I assume that it will not be powered??
Thanks for sharing your skills.
Rick