• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

MDC Hustler Mining weathering

Started by Xavier Alvarez, May 15, 2014, 08:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier Alvarez

Hello everyone.
This project I had in my head a long time ago , since I bought this locomotive kit .
The truth is that the kit itself is very poor, but to be experiencing is a good candidate ..
Apply extreme weathering, which may seem excessive, but it is real.
First the kit , many of you already know it .

First step, with a cutter I have going over all the slots and junctions to give them a little more depth.
Then clean the plastic well. I used water and soap dishes, all very technical stuff, yes.
Then once dry, a little alcohol with a paper, and priming.

Vallejo Primer Grey

Weathering.

Some dirt on lower side frame

Close up.

The entire rear extinguisher is a piece of aluminum tube, with turned brass caps. (head and base)
a couple of pieces like a valves and a piece of aluminum as Operation lever. The tube of the extinguisher into the engine is wire brass.

The rear light ripped

.... Ended...

By the way, is already motorized and works!
Hope you like,
regards,

Xavier

finescalerr

Your weathering skills are far better than MDC's model designing skills. -- Russ

Xavier Alvarez

marc_reusser

Coming along nicely. Look forward to your next steps.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works