• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

"Sneak" Preview

Started by feldbahn.de, September 05, 2015, 06:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feldbahn.de

Industrial light railway in 1/4" scale ... the first really usable "virtual-goes-real" parts printed in FXD with wire diameters down to 0,3mm/.012", and sectional track "snapping" together like the prototype.

A detailed review will follow as soon as my attendance at the rehab center is done :)

Printed regards
Ralf
ralF mit F..eldbahn

ralf-mit-f.com

finescalerr

Maybe they will let you out of the mental hospital if you pad the walls in your workshop and promise not to leave it. In the meantime I can hardly wait to see how those parts will look when assembled and painted. -- Russ

1-32

looks good
what exactly are you making
cheers kim

chrismears

These look really neat. What are you working on? I'd sure like to see more of the line.

Cheers

/chris

feldbahn.de

Hi Kim, Chris,

I'm working on a freelanced 0n30 (1/4"-scale) line, that mixes North American with East- and Central European logging, mining, and a little passenger equipment. Some of this equipment is quite similar to equipment used by the various military light railways during WW I & II.
Beside permanently laid trackwork these railways also used temporary portable trackwork, mostly made up of small, light track sections,that could easily snapped together.
For an idea on (industrial) light railways, and portable track, see http://www.feldbahn.de  and  http://ralf-mit-f.com/stueckgleis-patentgleis

Since on one hand 0-Scale in Europe is to either 1:45, or 7mm scales, and on the other hand there are only very few parts available for my prototypes, I started to 3D design parts I can't build from either scale wood, cardstock or sheet brass - always with the goal of dimensions as close to scale, as technically or physically feasible.
The first parts were mostly designed to find the limits 3D-printing wheels, portable track, and NBWs. Following next will be the typical light railways axle boxes (also testing limits), more parts needed to complete trucks and V-tipper frames, and some other useful NBWs for wooden underframes - as soon as I convinced several of my spinal discs to do what they once were designed for :)

Cheers
Ralf
ralF mit F..eldbahn

ralf-mit-f.com

lab-dad

Ralf,
Good work!
I am amazed you can print nbw's in O scale.
I have hit the limits making 3/4 scale nbw's!
Looking forward to seeing your efforts.
Heal fast!
Marty

Chuck Doan

Print up some new discs and surprise your doctor!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

feldbahn.de

Quote from: Chuck Doan on September 06, 2015, 02:44:58 PMPrint up some new discs and surprise your doctor!

Great idea  :o ;D
I might try Shapeways' elasto plastics  ::) ;D ;D ... maybe even in color  8)
ralF mit F..eldbahn

ralf-mit-f.com