• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Grass Matts & Scenery Materials

Started by marc_reusser, October 30, 2008, 12:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

This link were posted on a German NG Forum......I have not seen or used these matts before, but they look interesting. They also seem to have a nice collection/selection of leaves in scales 1:87 - 1:32

http://www.model-scene.com/x_foliage_p1.html

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Krusty

QuoteThis link were posted on a German NG Forum......I have not seen or used these matts before, but they look interesting. They also seem to have a nice collection/selection of leaves in scales 1:87 - 1:32

http://www.model-scene.com/x_foliage_p1.html

Some interesting stuff there. The laser-cut foliage looks to be a bit cheaper than Kamazukuri. Pity their minimum Paypal order is 100 euro, the first dealer on their list doesn't do exports, the second one that allegedly stocks the 1:35 range returns a server-not-found message and the third only stocks a small part of the range.....  :(
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

marc_reusser

Dang!

I didn't look any further than the pretty pictures....thanks for the research/info....albeit a bit of a downer ;).

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Plus Models make identical looking leaves and are probably easier to get hold of. Try looking out for them at military modelling retailers websites.I have used some of the 1/35th scale leaves on a 1/24th scale diorama and they look right . I think they would be too big for the scale they are intended for .Likewise, though I haven't got any to test this statement, the 1/48th scale leaves would probably suit 1/35th scale better.
  I was thinking of contacting one or two British dealers to see if they would be interested in stocking these products. Not much help to those in the US , but if enough of you pestered someone like Scenic Express then maybe they might start stocking these products.

Nick

Krusty

I've bought PlusModel stuff from Mission Models in the past. Will have to keep looking.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"