• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1957 Daihatsu "Midget"

Started by marc_reusser, January 02, 2013, 12:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Not bad Marc, not bad at all  ;D

Much though hate to admit the roof does look better, and you ambivalence to the model will disappear after you have been away from it for a few weeks.

The framing you put on the inside of the bed has worked really well and I just like the overall subtlety of the rust and wear, something I must keep in mind
Gordon

Chuck Doan

Some nice value-adding work to that seven dollar model. I will be happy to achieve your level of so-so ness. The fading is great.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

5thwheel

I like it Marc.   Nice job.   One thing that caught my eye was that you have the front wheel turned...Nice... So many people display their vehicles with all wheels in line, not at all natural, very model looking.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

nk

Very very nice indeed Marc. Having misspent my youth looking at rusted out Vespas and Apes this build really took me back! A little Honda 90 would make a nice companion.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Ray Dunakin

It looks pretty darn awesome to me!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

voyager

Andrew

If it has wheels, I'll have a look!

Malachi Constant

It's one of the cutest little builds ever done here!   ;D

Finishes are outstanding ... and very inspiring.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Thanks Dallas. (Sorry for the belated response)

An amusing pic from the Heiden show. Apparently someone was having some fun with the display models....and none of us noticed till we were packing up on the last night. Couldn't resist a quick snappie.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Is that Per Olav's diorama? -- Russ

marc_reusser

Yes, it is.

...and it was beauuuutiful. :)

M-Works

Chuck Doan

Perfect combo! Fits right in.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mspaw

Marc-

Any chance the sbs made it into a printed article? I know you were mentioning something. Also its really sad that so many of you're posted photos are missing.

All the best.

-Michael

marc_reusser

Michael,

An SBS article was done and sent to ModelFan magazine in Germany....what they did with it, I have no idea. Don't know where the photos went from here...may have been on my old site or such, and gotten moved/deleted. It's an old build. :)

Currently all the photos are on my FB page in order of the SBS...but without text....but they are pretty self explanatory. I think the album setting is set to "friends of friends" so if you are linked with anyone that I am "friends" with, you should be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/marc.reusser.1/media_set?set=a.2609727778452.72630.1712727761&type=3

M-Works

michael mott

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook so cannot see the pics either.

Michael