• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Spacesaver Turnout

Started by Jim Kottkamp, January 16, 2016, 12:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Kottkamp

I had limited space one one area of my diorama.  There was not enough width at the back of the diorama for 2 Number 6 turnouts to be installed at full length.  The solution was to overlap the two turnouts with the frogs of the 2 turnouts opposite of each other.  This saved enough space to be able to get the job done.

mabloodhound

excellent solution and nice trackwork
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Looks like something full scale railroads probably did. -- Russ

Design-HSB

so a handmade always looks better as ready-assembled track.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Allan G

Never seen this before. Great solution and great looking tracks....Allan

Lawton Maner

What did you use to stain the ties?

BTW, overlapping turnouts were sometimes used in urban industrial trackwork and in trolley lines.  The real beauty of this hand work is that it flows rather then being cobbled together from off the shelf parts.

Jim Kottkamp

I used Mico-Mark "Age-it Easy" black wood stain.

Lawton Maner

Thanks.  Is it an alcohol based stain of a chemical agent?

Jim Kottkamp

Yes it's an alcohol based stain