• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Vespa Scooter

Started by Carlo, September 20, 2016, 11:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

My new project is a Vespa Scooter. Again, working in 1" scale (1:12 ratio), I mix-n-matched parts to make one scooter I liked, from a bunch of cheapo die-cast scooters (5) on eBay. They actually were very accurate renditions, but lacked serious detail and finish.
  I disassembled, cleaned up the castings, and stripped all the paint. Then I repainted and reassembled the scooter. After that, it was research online, a lot of detail work, making most of my own parts. The engine was the biggest challenge and, of course, the most rewarding to complete. Some light weathering is still to be added, but I'm now happy with the Vespa.   Once again, more photos and details on my blog...  http://www/carloscalemodels.blogspot.com
Carlo

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

Can't wait to see the Flying Nun.

Carlo

Lawton - Huh?  Nuns?
I don't get it.
Carlo

Lawton Maner

finescalerr

Sally Field was my next door neighbor. Her stepdad was Jock Mahoney (Range Rider, Yancey Derringer, Tarzan Goes To India). And her half-sister, Princess Mahoney, was even prettier than Sally. By the way, both were down to earth and anything but snobbish or stuck up. -- Russ

Carlo

Oh!  Now I remember...
Carlo