• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

virtual tour of NEB&W

Started by Bill Gill, February 03, 2018, 06:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

A while ago some forum members expressed interest in the Rensselaer Model Railroad Society's New England & Berkshire RR layout at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. Today the club sent me a link to a brand new virtual tour of the layout.

The layout occupies a space 33 ft by 123 ft and is set in September 1950. The tour begins at the South end of the layout in S. Troy, NY. You can move along, look right , left, up, down and zoom in or out in some places all the way to the North end of the layout, sort of like navigating a google street view.

One note: the layout is as it appeared the day the video was made. There are unfinished scenes, torn out scenes and things piled on the first available flat surface. Nonetheless, I hope you find it enjoyable.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=e6d8iA5vGQ5

Here is an old map of the layout that might help a little in navigating the virtual tour which begins at the magenta arrowhead on the left end of the layout.
This map did not include the Addison Branch which is under construction, I added it's approximate location in purple on the lower center of the map.

finescalerr

You must have a lot of free time to be building such a huge layout all by yourself. -- ssuR

Bill Gill

Ssur, You'll notice the room has lots of corners for standing in... :)

Ray Dunakin

Pretty cool, almost like being there.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World