• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Japanese Food Model Master

Started by nk, October 29, 2018, 01:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nk

You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Bill Gill

Thanks for that! Sometime back I tried my hand at fake food to enhance some exhibits at a village type outdoor museum. The Japanese food modelers were the best examples I could find to try to emulate. I couldn't afford their equipment and materials, but tried to follow their basic ideas. It was an interesting challenge. I made cheese, plum pudding, a smoked ham, leftovers from a plate of raw oysters, candies and other stuff.

Greg Hile

Like everyone else, I suspect, I've seen food models in restaurants countless times over the years but never really gave them much thought. Pretty fascinating. Of course, now I have a craving for Hamachi nigiri, maybe a little tekka maki ...

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World