• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

sound mix as a filler

Started by 1-32, November 18, 2018, 02:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi all.
maybe this has been covered before if so I can't remember.
I am looking for information on sound, not just loco sound but a general mix of a number of sounds that would be on a loop. A bit of a loco, crowd,  nature, and water all mixed.i want the software plus hardware and if possible the to be able to change it in the future.i have had a look at the wed but just can't find anything that I can use.
cheers KIM

finescalerr

If I understand you correctly, you're looking for software where you could mix a track of loco sounds, one of crowd noise, another of running water, etc. into a single stereo recording and then repeat it endlessly. Assuming you can find the sound effects you need, a free program called Reaper should be good for the audio mixing and editing. Send me an e-mail if you need more info or just ask here. -- Russ

Design-HSB

HI Kim,

for my Cake Box model I realized something like this and even in sync with the movement of a vehicle. I record all the sounds myself and mix them in a sound editing software. Then I wrote the sounds, which are processed exactly on milliseconds, in memory modules. Since a lot is possible and I also use a processor to control it, I have even realized this for 3 languages, here a video from the English version.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi yes a repeat track for background noises.i have listened to some commercially available loops but they are not very good somebody pointed me in the direction of the BBC sound library great collection of all sorts of environments and it is free to non-commercial use. Thanks, Helmut and Russ I will check out Reaper.
cheers

Greg Hile

Another popular, free, well-documented open source software is called Audacity

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

darrylhuffman

My friend, Jim Wells, a model railroader from California has a variety of soundtracks available.

Here is the link to his website:

https://www.fantasonics.com/

Tell him I sent you.

Darryl Huffman
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.