• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35th scale modelling

Started by LesTindall, July 30, 2014, 02:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Then there is the latest masterpiece from The House of Snoodyk which arrived a few days ago. An LKM Ns2f .

finescalerr

Chuck, have you ever tried modeling in 1/35 or 1/32? -- Russ

Franck Tavernier

Hey nice model!  ;)

You're a lucky man!

Franck

LesTindall

Sorry to come back to his thread after a long gap but came across this

www.smallbrookstudio.co.uk  who have some resin kits in 1/35th  including a Plymouth loco, as well as skip and tub wagons, a rail or road wheeled compressor, etc.

Useful stuff

Les Tindall

BMorgan

Hi All

For those who are interested in more modelling in 1/35, I am trying to help promote and get this fairly exciting scale a bit more widely accepted away from just millitary.  I think it has huge potential.  Usually modelled indoors, I am actually approaching it at the angle as a 'smaller sister' to 16mm in the garden (or in smaller gardens) to be able to take advantage or lovely lighting conditions but whereas a number of 16mm layouts dominate or predominate the landscape, I am looking at promoting 1/35 as a garden-border scale - perhaps on a shelf attached to border fences or right next to the garden wall borders.  Of course it's just an idea.  I have two groups on FB - one for general 1/35 Railway Modelling and one for South African 1/35 Models:

South African 1/35: https://www.facebook.com/groups/405084406959669/
General 1/35: https://www.facebook.com/groups/304122850264957/

For the sake of modelling railways, I have dubbed the South African Stuff as SA-NG 1/35 and other Railway modelling as NG-1/35.
On the South African 1/35 front, I hope to develop a few South African Railways Models like the NG6, NG15 and NGG16 in SA-NG 1/35.  The South African stuff is likely big enough to even do some Live Steam in 1/35!  The same chap from Resurgam who has produced amazing kits for 16mm might convert them for 1/35 if there is an interest and there are a few others who are in the process of constructing models that will be available in the general 1/35 Railway group - There is a beautiful solid brass Peckett Kit that is in development for around £230 from Locosnstuff, if it sells well we will also see a 'Wren' kit make an appearance in 1/35.  I have also just recently sent some drawings for the 'Brazil' Class Excellsior and 'Trangkil' to a friend of mine who will likely develop a model from that - another favorite of mine with some lovely proportions.  He is also developing some cane wagons. 
If 1/35 Railway Modelling can continue to grow I will be very interested in having a 1/35 Railway Exhibition but we need more modellers.

Anyway, hope this has been of a little interest to some.

Regards

Bryn

Franck Tavernier

Hi Bryn,

I saw on Facebook the promotion you were doing for this scale, especially on Narrow gauge railway modeling in 1 / 35th scale group, and that's great!

But there are choices that must be made in my humble opinion, concerning the models that should be reproduced in this scale.

In the same way, the South African railways are equally good, but they don't interest me, and here again I think you will reach a minority of modellers for this scale!

If you want to promote and develop this scale and attract new modellers, it's necessary to produce amblematic continental models, such as Ruston-hornsby, Simplex, Gmeinder, Jung, LKM, O&K, Deutz, Devauville, Petolat, Baldwin (WW1), Whitcomb, Plymouth (WW 2), etc... before launching, either in "exotic" or too "typical" models like the Peckett, which will immediately attract other modelers because these brands are "legends" in the narrow gauge world in Europe, and that's what it takes to start developing a market ... We need models that "talk" to the modelers, because they are well known and used by virtually every country in the world. Europe, in order to reach a maximum of modellers ... The South African Garratt was a little rarer in Europe I think ... I'm joking of course!

It's my two cents!

Franck

BMorgan

Hi Franck

You are correct!  Hence why I have the General 1/35 Modelling Group that focuses on all different types of locos including Continental!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/304122850264957/

Thanks!

Bryn

shropshire lad

For me 1/35th Scale makes most sense when you are modelling railways with a 2' gauge , in particular industrial "Feldbahn" type lines . Whilst live steam may look interesting it is not much use when you are modelling diesels . The use of radio control is a much better option .

Unfortunately I won't be looking at your Facebook pages as I don't subscribe . Incidentally , which country are you broadcasting from ?

Nick

BMorgan

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.  No problem at all that you choose not to look at my FB Groups, it's not everyone's cup of tea and of course only posted it for those who would look at it.

Yes, radio control is more practical - especially at this smaller scale.  I really just posted for those who might have a FB Account and who wanted to see what I'm doing in 1/35 as I know some people are 'thirsty' for new 1/35 stuff.  Of course I will post some of my endeavours here for those who are interested but do not subscribe to FB.  Posting from London, UK.

Regards

Bryn

shropshire lad

Quote from: BMorgan on April 14, 2019, 11:19:40 AM
Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.  No problem at all that you choose not to look at my FB Groups, it's not everyone's cup of tea and of course only posted it for those who would look at it.

Yes, radio control is more practical - especially at this smaller scale.  I really just posted for those who might have a FB Account and who wanted to see what I'm doing in 1/35 as I know some people are 'thirsty' for new 1/35 stuff.  Of course I will post some of my endeavours here for those who are interested but do not subscribe to FB.  Posting from London, UK.

Regards

Bryn

I am presently waiting at Heathrow for a flight to Australia where I am attending their narrow gauge convention next weekend . I am taking a number of 1/35th locos built by Bernard Snoodyk ( the king of 1/35th radio control locos) in Australia . So they are essentially going "home" . He has been pushing 1/35th Scale for a number of years , though not live steam .(He calls himself Narrowgauger here )

It is not a case of not choosing to view your pages , more a case of not choosing to join Faceache , even though the rest of my family is on it .

Nick

Franck Tavernier

Hi Nick,

Have a nice trip! Ask Bernard if he has progressed on his Decauville...

And do not forget to take a maximum of photos!

All the best,

Franck

BMorgan

Hi Nick

Fair enough you not wanting to join Faceache.  I'll probably create a blog or website in future.  Please do take lots of pictures of locos at the convention!  I only came across Bernard Snoodyk recently but do not know of the locos he has built.

Kind Regards

Bryn