• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

sandblasting with a little help

Started by fspg2, October 06, 2020, 06:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fspg2

If you want to sandblast many small parts, it is often very difficult to hold them in the sandblasting cabin with the rather thick rubber glove.
To sandblast all sides, the part has to be turned several times ... how often does it fall into the blasting material ...

It's easier with the help of a kitchen strainer! To turn the parts, the sieve is shaken briefly.

alles_im_Sieb_01 (fspg2)

If there is still something left over at the end, it will be picked up again - in any case, a time saving, with low costs for such a strainer.

Stay healthy!

Frithjof
Frithjof

finescalerr

Thank you for the helpful tip. -- Russ

SandiaPaul

That is a great idea...I've had this problem for a long time. Thanks!
Paul

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

fspg2

Thanks for your praise :)

Small parts with holes can also be drawn on a thin wire.

alles_im_Sieb_02 (fspg2)

So that they are not too close together, I made small knots in the wire.

After blasting, they went into the browning.

alles_im_Sieb_03 (fspg2)

Frithjof

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Thanks for sharing your know-how.

Bernhard

fspg2

In another attempt with small screws, a thin brass wire also helped.

alles_im_Sieb_04 (fspg2)

Frithjof
Frithjof

Lawton Maner

The same technique can be used to hold on to small parts when one wants to plate them.  You just clip the lead to the wire and off you go.  With steel parts you can dip them into Phosphoric acid metal prep to blacken them with a rust resistant black finish.  Also works to make the hexagonal screwdriver tips rust resistant.