• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

An easy way for a Snow Plow

Started by LLOYD, February 14, 2009, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLOYD

Hello Marc,

Thanks for appreciate this work!
For sure is fast, I make this in more or less 7 hours, and I haven't take the time to make the drawing before sart!
Sincerely!

Lloyd

Waldbahner

Quote from: LLOYD on February 24, 2009, 12:31:32 AM
[...] drawing before sart! [...]

Drawings..... Before start ????? What da hell are you talking about  ;D ;D ;) :D

Lloyd, I can ensure you that I used plans on all my rolling stock very seldome ;-) It's to much building time wasted on this stuff ;-)
One exception is my actual Shay project, where I've drawn some critical parts like the trucks and I'll need detail drawings for the steam engine.

More important as plans and drawings are the results. I think building freelance/freestyle without plans and based on own ideas is one importent aspect to be a real great model builder.

And your plow looks absolutly awesome. I'm a fan of WSLC-stuff so the prototype for your plow is well known and you captured the look and design very well.

I've also planed to build a snow plow in this style for my large scale railroad. But as long as I've no own track layout or chance to buck snow with them, I parked this plans for the unkown future.

Keep up your great modeling work.

Gerd